One Sketch a Day No. 3/How to Sketch a Tiger Tutorial
April 27, 2011 in tutorial
Sketch number 3! I thought I may as well turn this into a tutorial . Haven’t had enough time lately for a full DragoArt tutorial. I will try to do this for more of my future sketches. Remember to request future sketches from the One Sketch a Day Page. Same goes for tutorials on the tutorials page.
How to Sketch A Tiger
1. Start out with basic shapes and line. Keep it light and simple.
2. Roughly sketch in the forms and features. No need for details.
3. Basically “blur out” the image and darken it a bit in preparation for shading and erasing.
4. Start darkly adding in features, starting with the head.
5. Continue sketching in the features and outlines.
6. Keep adding details by moving on to the stripes.
7. Darken the area surrounding the tiger and its outline.
8. Use an eraser to lighten up the shading on the tiger’s fur.
9. Finally, embellish the background in any way you want and define some of the dark lines more. This drawing took about an hour.